What measures of hygiene has the hotel taken to protect both its clients and its employees from the possible risk of contagion by the Covid 19 virus?
Our priority is the wellbeing and safety of our clients and our team. In order to guarantee this we have reinforced our cleaning and safety protocols in accordance with the directives and recommendations issued by the Ministry of Health.
Our extensive outside areas include gardens, terraces, a fire pit, picnic areas, olive groves and the land next to the river so social distancing of 1.5m presents no problem.
What happens if I have made a booking but cannot travel owing to COVID travel restrictions?
All bookings with an arrival date before 20th December 2020 can be changed to a different date or can be cancelled with no charge.
What is your cancellation policy?
For bookings made with an arrival date before 20th December 2020
- 48h for direct bookings (made using our website page (torredelvisco.com), Relais & Châteaux (www.relaischâteaux.com), by telephone or in the hotel).
- 5 days if the booking has been made using other channels (Booking.com, Expedia, agencies etc.).
If you cancel or modify your booking beyond these time limits, or in the case of non-arrival, you will be charged for the first night´s accommodation, including taxes.
How can I cancel or modify my booking?
How can I make a gift of a stay or restaurant experience at the Torre del Visco?
Entering https://torredelvisco.com/gifts/, you will find all our online options for accommodation and dining gift vouchers.
How will the voucher be sent?
When you make your purchase you will be able to choose between sending the gift voucher by email or post, which incurs a supplement of 5 euros.
For how long is the gift voucher valid?
The gift vouchers are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
I have a gift voucher which has run out but I have not been able to make use of it due to the coronavirus crisis. Would it be possible to grant an extension?
How can I make a group booking?
If you would like to make a group booking, you should contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with all the necessary information, including availability and tariffs.
Do you have rooms adapted for disabled people?
The hotel has a wheelchair accessible suite. However, owing to the characteristics of the Torre del Visco with its labyrinthine, medieval building constructed on a hillside, we regret that it has not been possible to facilitate access to all the terraces and gardens or to the swimming pool.
Are children welcome at the Torre del Visco?
We welcome children over the age of six. If you are thinking of bringing younger children, bookings may only be made directly with us so that we can look for suitable dates.
Is the hotel dog-friendly?
The hotel has three rooms with access to the garden in which dogs are accepted. Dogs are not allowed in the communal areas, the restaurant or the swimming pool area and must be kept on a lead at all times in the gardens.
There will be an additional charge of 30 euros per dog per night (taxes included).
Is WiFi available in the hotel?
Free WiFi is available to guests in the hotel.
Is there mobile phone coverage?
There is only good coverage for Movistar in the hotel.
Does the restaurant offer different menu options?
Yes. We offer various options from the Tastavins menu (4 courses for 55 euros) to the Tastavins “tasting” menu (8 courses for 75 euros), besides « Nuestra Vía Verde », our vegetarian option. We do not offer “a la carte” options.
I am celiac. Do you offer gluten-free bread and menus? Can I have a gluten free breakfast?
Do you have vegetarian or vegan menus?
On our menu we offer a vegetarian option, Vía Verde, with no meat or fish.
We can adapt the menu to meet vegan requirements if given at least 24 hours’ notice.
Which days of the week is the restaurant open to non-resident guests?
Lunch: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Dinner: Wednesday to Sunday and public holidays.
For group bookings consult possibility of other days.
What are the opening hours of El Visco Restaurant?
Lunch: 13.30 – 15.00h
Dinner: 20.00 – 22.00h
What options are available for resident guests when the restaurant is closed?
Lunch and dinner are served for resident guests every day.
Are lighter dishes than those on the restaurant menus available to resident guests?
Yes. Our Bistrot à la carte options are available to resident guests every day from 13:00h to 16:00h and on Monday and Tuesday evenings.
Do we have to book a table in advance?
Non-resident guests must book in advance, through our website, by email to reservastorredelvisco.com or by phoning +34 978 76 90 15
Resident guests are advised to let us know if they are intending to have lunch or dinner in the restaurant to ensure availability of a table.
Do you offer a children´s menu?
We offer a children´s menu for 30 euros (drinks not included). The best time for families to eat in the restaurant is Sunday lunchtime. We do not have high chairs.
Is there a bar or cafeteria open to non-residents in the hotel?
No. We only offer restaurant service, which non-residents must book in advance.
What is the maximum number of guests you can cater for?
We have 16 rooms, including suites and double rooms. We can also organise additional accommodation in nearby hotels.
The maximum capacity of the restaurant is 60 people.
Can I access the hotel in a sports car?
You would have no problem reaching the hotel along the 5.5km of unmade track in a sports car, driven slowly. If you are arriving on a large on road motor-cycle, we would be happy to collect the pillion passenger at the beginning of the track and leave them at the same place when you leave, Advance warning would be greatly appreciated.
Is there an enclosed parking lot?
There are two open parking lots with a covered roof. Since we are so far from any built up area or road, there is no problem with security.
Our priority is to protect your health and that of our team and we want you to feel as safe in the hotel as you would in your own home. To this end we have reinforced our usual rigorous cleaning, hygiene and safety protocols
- Every member of our team has completed a special training course certified by the Spanish Health Ministry and Spanish Tourist Authorities.
- Our staff has all been provided with the recommended protective equipment.
- A daily temperature check of all our staff will be carried out.
Disinfection & hygiene
- Sanitizing gel is available in all the public spaces both inside and outside the hotel.
- All the public areas with be regularly disinfected throughout the day including the gardens and pool area.
- Ozone and virucidal products will be used in cleaning the rooms.
- The bed linen, towels and tablecloths, are washed at a temperature in excess of 60º C with special disinfectant detergents.
- Temporarily we cannot offer laundry service.
- The tables in the El Visco and Terrace restaurants have been re-arranged to ensure a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between them.
- We have been obliged to suspend access for guests to our kitchen for the time being.
- Guests are requested to disinfect their hands before entering the wine cellar and access is limited to one person at a time unless part of a family group.
- Guests wishing to use the library must sanitize their hands and are requested to leave books taken out in the basket provided rather than put them back on the shelves.
- In order to comply with the new safety protocols, guests must book a time slot for access to the swimming pool. This can be done once you are in the hotel. There are also extensive gardens with sun loungers, parasols, picnic areas on the farm and river walks.
- The loungers around the pool have been arranged to allow a minimum distance of 1.5m between users (including family groups).
- The self-service bar in the pool area is provisionally closed.
- Guests are requested to respect the minimum distance of 1.5m within the pool itself.
- Breakfast will be served on the terrace or in the garden or in the restaurant if the weather is not good. Regretfully, we are not permitted to offer breakfast in our “Open kitchen”.
- Weather permitting, lunch and dinner will be served on the terrace. If not, it will be served in our spacious and well ventilated El Visco restaurant.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you would like more detailed information.